Friday, February 18, 2005

right now, i could so do with a drink. its finally friday evening, the sun making his slow descent into the darkness that spills over and mingles with the cold, the evening afire with the glow of the many hundreds of neon lights that make the nightlife of downtown DC every bit as exciting as it is claimed to be.

i could do with a glass of red wine. a good, red wine that hugs every inch of my throat as it slithers down to the pit of my stomach leaving a hot trail of teased and appeased taste buds. lighting a fire in my veins. the heat, it makes me feel light-headed. the heat, it courses through my veins until there is not a single nerve in my body that is not tingling.

hmmm...what shall it be today? aaah, i know. i could do with a shiraz. a spicy, red, shiraz. its spicy notes, spiking my brain signals, vaguely suggestive. of moonlight and rumba. of beautiful people and shimmering bodies. of the sensuously slow shedding of all inhibitions. of every vein throbbing to the seductive beat of the sultry music. of submission. of exultation.

i could….i could….i would love to.
sigh, only i’m here typing this out…wishing…wishing…wishing…
that my boss would just let me go home already!



current song Bhigee Bhigee Raaton Mein (D.J. Doll Mix) by D.J.Doll

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every line read "seduce me." :P
Hope you had a good time.

--The stand-up man

1:52 AM  
Blogger Anil said...

beautiful..the way you describe the wine...i actually prefer the whites..have not taken to teh reds for soem reason...but you make me want to go out and give it another shot...to borrow...here's looking at you kid ;)!

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so did ur wish come true or not???

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol dew :p ur bosses liver should be burnt for keeping you away from that drink! ~ Bhav

9:24 AM  
Blogger dewdrop said...

My fav stranger, LOL! with stand ups like u around of what avail how it reads :p...how r u doing btw?

Anil, thank you :-)...its the other way round with me...have always liked the reds more than the whites...but then it also depends on the mood and circumstance. lemme know how u like the reds!

Anon, arey kahaan yaar...went straight home and unwound to crappy friday night television.

Bhav, LOL! i couldn't agree more...so much for trying to get fuckinvelder drunk on a drab friday night...sigh...hows u doing?

10:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Shiraz that's a lush and powerful wine.Excellant choice, nothing like an aussie Shiraz for a spicy Friday Night.

10:30 AM  
Blogger arvindiyer said...

Wazzaaaaaaaaa.....Well I would love a drink now too...but just the fact that its Friday mornin here...and I need to get to work!!!
Been a while...lots of stuff to catch up on and ur bebey...MP3 PLayer looks AWESOME *drool* How have u been dearie?!!!

11:44 PM  
Blogger dewdrop said...

Akshay, yup, sure is good wine :-)

Arvind, wazzaaaaaa buddy?! sure u got ur drink by now :-)
my baby's sexy na? hehehe im lovin it...ive been doing good da, u seem to be very busy and excited! and whats all this abt a Mithunda Blogfans Association?!?!?

11:49 AM  
Blogger . : A : . said...

I too, have a preference for whites and usually avoid reds. But your post makes me want to pick up a Shiraz.

:-)

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home