Monday, November 15, 2004

how i overlook the trivial in my pursuit of the bigger, more involving, almost over-whelming things in life.

in my search for the one true love, the best job, the perfect pair of jeans, the article written with the most flair yet, i tend to forget how important it is, that which is the simplest to achieve with little care and caution - health.

so there i was in the shower, savouring the hot, steamy water course down my spine and warm my my cold, shivering body, from the inside out. while i was there i thought i might as well wash my hair, you know the whole gamut of shampoo, conditioner and all. hmm and while i was waiting for the conditioner to sink in, might as well make the most of it and maybe i cud hmmm....give myself a mini pedicure! and so on and so forth. by the time i was out of the shower i was sneezing like a cat in a pepper factory.

now what i wouldnt give to be able to talk without gasping for air, because you know, my nose is blocked. and what luxury it is to be able to forget to carry a tissue with me and talk to my COO without my nose threatening to turn so runny i am extremely tempted to run my had across my nose, like a kid! reminds me of when my mom used to pin a huge hanky to my uniform so i dont use my shirt to do the honours. how i take for granted the simple pleasure of being away form my cube for hours together (today, i'm almost afraid to leave my cube and be away from that box of tissues for more than 5 minutes). and then the mercy of not being told every time i sneeze, that maybe i should just go home and not infect them with "whatever it is germs i have".

sigh....the thing is I HAB A BERY BAD COD! *sniff, sniff, sneeze* oops...excuse me, sorry...now where's that dang tissue.

current song Kannamoochi sung by Yesudas, Chitra composed by AR Rahman from Kandukonden Kandukonden

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hacchoooo* to u..:D!!!

monkeyonthekeyboard.rediffblogs.com

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and btw.. just noticed ur side bar. Do u recommend the great Indain novel?

1:43 AM  
Blogger A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

The perfect pair of jeans is not the bigger, more involving, almost over-whelming pursuit in life!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Australopithecus said...

You mean Nagpur mein bandh hai?
Kya Kanpur main bhi strike hai?
kuch lete kyon nahin...Vicks action infinity and beyond. clears you sinuses and more

1:43 PM  
Blogger dewdrop said...

hello there, you anonymous brave coward ;-)
bless you and me too!
actually, i have just started reading the great indian novel, having finished arranged marriage (which is a lovely book btw).once im a few pages into the book, i will let you know. my friends, though, say its a great read!

3:18 PM  
Blogger dewdrop said...

haa, chryssie, its all about perspective ain't it?

3:21 PM  
Blogger dewdrop said...

LOL austra dude, yeh body ke andar uniona banre kya?

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ayyo, get better. Check email.

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol @ Aus. Man, I know it's getting bad when it takes me more than 30 secs to figger out what he's saying...
Feedig bedder, dew?

Non-Sensei

12:01 AM  
Blogger dewdrop said...

he he! yup, feedig buch betted NS, thanks for asking :-D

hey, u cud still sign up for the 10k u know. u shud!

btw, whens the next hyd bloggers meet? my sister (bubbles at Capri Castle) soooo wants to meet with y'all.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've said this before.I suffer from a strange manifestation of the same actually. To the interest of many medical researchers I have a rather peculiar case of the 5 - year cold. So since the past 5 years, lets say I've had the sniffles.
So I talk that way all the time. I'm thinking of learning sign language.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, ged bedder soon da :-) - ADI

4:20 PM  
Blogger obscured said...

what are you saying!!!!! it's like the perfect opportunity. all that work must have paid off and you must have looked like a bomb. and the cold must have made your voice really sexy! (refer to the episode of friends when phoebe catches a cold)
really! i don't see what are you complaining about girl. ;)

7:14 AM  
Blogger dewdrop said...

aila obscy! never thought of it that way girl. dunno abt looking like a bomb (more like a bomb going off every couple of minutes!) but voice sexy?? hmmm...niiice! u just made my day buddy!

10:47 AM  
Blogger dewdrop said...

heyyyyy Adi dude! great to see you here buddy :-) me's feeding betted awdready...

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oki.. so it is on my to be read list. So hows the strike in nagpur..:))?

_braveCoward_

4:06 PM  
Blogger dewdrop said...

im only a few pages into the book and i can safely say it is abs hilarious and so perky too. as for strikes and bandhs, all cease-fires and peace everywhere :-D

4:10 PM  
Blogger dewdrop said...

akshay, awwww poor u...u remind me of a friend i had in college. she suffered from perennial cold! maybe theres a medical term for it but boy it must be hard. dont try sign language...u actually sound cute like that ;-)

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home