Sunday, October 31, 2004

my first marathon

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i finished it! its over!

and i ran every fucking mile of the entire fucking 26.2 miles. (the last 0.2 miles were the longest ever, fuck!!)
and i'm fucking proud of it. and i got my first ever medal for athletic activity.
fuck, i can't believe i did it. fuck fuck fuck.

thank u all who rooted for me :-)

and i'm now going to sleep because every part of my body that can feel pain is hurting. oh and thanks to a lovely summer day in the middle of fall i have a tan (along with the medal) to prove i was out there for a fucking 5 and a half hours running.

please excuse the overload of the f word but i think im going to let myself say it as it is today.
fuck!

current song Faith by George Michael

11 Comments:

Blogger ***** said...

Way to go dewdette. Too much wonly!

9:30 PM  
Blogger A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

This is one rare time you'll love hearing the phrase - I told you so!!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome accomplishment !!

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck o la.
26.2 miles...A ma zing, woman.
I'm dead sure I couldn't do more than half a mile at a stretch. Very impressed, I am. :-)

Non-Sensei

11:41 PM  
Blogger dewdrop said...

*bows*

thankie thankie all of u! for your good wishes before and after the run.

so theres one thing i can check off on my things-to-do-atleast-once list :-)

1:16 PM  
Blogger dewdrop said...

lol!
why wait till the weekend gurl? lets get some wine, a chick flick and make it a girls night tonight

4:51 PM  
Blogger A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

'Play' on weekends! Pity only 3 of you in the apartment.. otherwise you could have had a bit of four play :))

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Fourplay...there's a brilliant band.
No, really. Chk out their music.

Non-Sensei

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Thats a great accomplishment.

10:53 AM  
Blogger dewdrop said...

thank you very much chinar! :-)

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I too wanted to run for this marathon and train with ASHA but because of a lot of reasons could not. After reading your blog and e-mails from other runners, I am hoping that next year I will do it. Anyways, for now, ENJOY YOUR MOMENT.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home