Saturday, July 31, 2004

every saturday i run the furthest ive ever run in my life..setting a milestone every weekend. now for a lazy scrabble-playing sloth like me thats quite a big thing. but the 14 miles seemed much longer than the 13 last saturday because of the scorching sun. the heat drained every ounce of water and energy from my body and i felt like i was burning up and would just go up in flames any second ...just like the phoenix in the harry potter stories. and then i understood totally what they mean everytime they say running a marathon is more mental than physical. i tried coaxing my body, telling it to run one more mile and i would reward it with a mintue's walk..it refused to listen..i said ok maybe not a mile but lets atleast do a half mile before we slow down...nope, no avail...my mind was doing its job...chugging away mile after mile thinking of the cold gatorade and warm bagels waiting in the parking lot..my body only a step ahead....then by sheer will i made my mind my body ...and when i made it to the parking lot it didn't matter that the water wasn't as cold as i'd wanted, there was no gatorade and absolutely no sight of bagels...all that mattered was that i did not quit

2 Comments:

Blogger ***** said...

Go woman go!!!

11:54 PM  
Blogger dewdrop said...

:-) hi there, hows ur running going?

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home