Thursday, December 09, 2004

caferati.blogspot.com

doing my usual roundup of my must-read-daily blogs somehow i landed there. one post, two, three and i kept going. i even forgot to pull up my faithful winamp and tune into my favourite radio station. so many amazing poems. beautifully written. myriads of shades. all hues of red, black, white, grey, gold, of pain, of joy, of love, of freedom. and i discover im at my happiest when im reading poetry. ive been making feeble attempts, poking a shy finger every now and then at poetry. if i gather all the poems ive written since i was a kid i wouldn't need more fingers than i have to count them. (OMG i suddenly recall the title of what i think is my first complete poem - Rat in the King's palace.....yes yes it was about a king who had a mortal fear of rats....well i was only nine, i should think, then *sheepish smile*)

i admit. i'm not very well read when it comes to the great works of the masters. somewhere along the course of my life i had let other mundane circumstances take over and my passion for poetry (more reading than writing!), reading, writing, and painting got shadowed by what proved to be the most dismal and abyssmal period of my life. now i'm back in control, at the helm. i may be a late bloomer but i have my chance to revive and re-live. and this time i know exactly which direction im headed in and which paths to avoid. and no matter what nobody is ever going to take away from me my books, paints and poems.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THATS the way to go! Week has been awful. Everyone sick and unhappy. Will write soon. -- your not so friendly neighbor

5:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Another ones bites the dust looks like it,
caferati is an awesome blog and a real motley bunch ,
Nice people have met some of them, the blogesphere meets real world at caferati bc they meet regularily in bombay and now in Pune.
you could be a contributor if you want ?

6:00 AM  
Blogger . : A : . said...

This happened to me too. For a few years I got completely lost and left all this behind. But I have started again and it has possibly been one of the best things I have done recently!

10:27 AM  
Blogger dewdrop said...

Ph, aiyo hope u all feel better soon. take ur time. till then any help that i can be of to u?

Akshay, :-D yeah cud say so i guess buddy. u guys are really fortunate u get to meet, mingle and share thoughts and writings. i've tried to find something similar here but its not quite the same. contribute? hmmmm...let me sleep over it.

A, :-) im so glad for u and for me too coz its sad to contemplate missing ur wonderful writing, had u stayed lost.

11:42 AM  
Blogger . : A : . said...

Gee, thanks! I feel so much better about starting again.

:-)

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh! Sniff!! Amen to that! Am still trying desperately to but once get my grip on that steering of me life. But as I stretch out...am held back by this contraption they say will keep me safe. And strapped and buckled to safety I drive around wildly, dazed and miserable....and safe. Till when and where? Screech ....splinter ...shatter...scatter ...darkness...nothingness.Strapped still???

Enviously & Anonymously yours...

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home