Saturday, September 11, 2004

18 miles again...had to do 20. oh well...
mentally i was all fuelled...infact at just about the 3 mile marker leftie knee made me want to just turn around and go back to my car but i just couldn't. "its just about getting past the pain", i kept telling myself. and what do you know, it worked! the pain didnt seem to matter anymore...but my knees have a mind of their own and as much as i wish i could wire my mind to my knees, it doesn't work like that. so 18 miles and orange juice and one croissant and banana later, here i am, feeling good. coach says since ive got my base mileage in now on upto the race day its just about surviving. don't run if you're injured. swim, bike anything to keep the pressure off and let the knees heal. i love nick, he's a good coach - tough, knowledgeable and never unreasonable.

right now though, the next 3 days are going to be tough. but i have stretches, ice and ibuprufen :-)

current song Nobody Knows by the Pat Mcgee Band

got free tix to their concert tomorrow at the Country Club.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home